Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stuff

First and foremost, let me say...happy birthday to Bearette!! I am sorry we could not make it to the party, but I promise to buy you a ridiculously decadent dessert when you come to visit in September.

**
So tomorrow is my last day at my job, and I'm taking a couple of days off before I start the new one. Thursday I am going to get a haircut and mani/pedi. Friday, I'm getting an oil change for the car. Can you stand the excitement? :) Actually, I might take N to the lake or state park one of the days so that we can hang out and go for a nice walk. Depends on the weather though! I think it might rain Thurs or Fri.

**
So I was googling to look for some (easy) directions on how to make a diaper cake. Not being crafty and all, I need directions that a child could follow. Has anyone ever done this, and if so, I'd love some advice!!! There are a lot of things out there and I just can't make sense out of anything. This should not surprise anyone who knows me.

Maybe I should just see if I can buy one already made, but where is the fun in that?

3 comments:

  1. thanks! i slept in on my bday due to the miracle of pumping ;)

    it's funny, i went to liz's blog like you did, and saw that someone left this comment:

    i googled instructions for making one of those. for anyone interested, type in "making a diaper baby cake." the first hit brings up a pictorial "how-to".

    hopefully it works!

    btw, i think they have a drive-through oil change in Newton...may be too far to drive, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, Newton was a little far for me. I go to this awesome place called "Crank it Over"...a cute little local garage!!! I'll be out of there in 15 mins and then I can go shopping...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the new template. The pink was hard to read before and semi-emasculating to my eyes.

    Good luck with the cake. Mmm...cake!

    ReplyDelete