I have been up since 3 am and this day has felt eternally long. Is it 5 yet?
I was sleeping very peacefully, but before going to bed I must have mistakenly turned the baby monitor to volume 10. At 3 am, I heard N making noises, but at high volume it sounded like a monster breathing down my neck. Needless to say, I jumped a mile and couldn't get back to sleep, so I went downstairs with the monitor and watched 2 episodes of Cold Case that I had DVR'd. Then, I took a shower and got dressed for work and woke the baby at 5 am so I could feed her.
The amusing part about all of this is that M never even budged with the noise. Not even a twitch. Either he is deaf or chooses to ignore because I am there and he knows I'll get up.
Hmph.
I don't really know why I'm so anxious to have the workday over right now...I have an unpleasant task waiting for me at home. I need to scrub the kitchen floor. It's a disgrace. If I wasn't having a gathering on Sat, I'd probably blow it off for now. At least if I do the hard work now, I can just do a quick touchup on Saturday morning.
Yes, men can just sleep through it. Not always. But sometimes...
ReplyDelete