Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Weight

So I went back to work last week and a number of people have commented on how quickly I have lost the "baby weight". I do feel like most of the weight I gained was in my stomach, of course, and I am fortunate that the majority of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me now. The exception is, of course, any pants that are suitable to wear to work. How frustrating.

I suppose one of the side effects of having a baby is that your hips may be wider than before, which is what my problem seems to be right now. But, since I can't go to work nekkid, I had to go buy some things. So far I have spent $300 on new clothes for work. *SIGH* Oh well.

A resolution I made when going back to work was that I would bring my lunch to work every day. I did well with this for the first 3 days, but woke up late Monday so I only had time to grab breakfast and N on the way out the door so I could bring her to the daycare before I needed to get the train. However, we got takeout from the Cheesecake Factory (yes, not the healthiest option, I agree) and I got the "Incredible Grilled Eggplant Sandwich". It was a toasted brioche bun (I only ate half the bun) with grilled eggplant, melted mozzarella, avocado, and garlic mayo. Yes, it was incredible!! I would definitely get it again.

I did make my lunch for today, though, so I am vowing to stay strong with this. I work in a place where it is too expensive to buy lunch every day, yet I see many people I work with do this. It's an unbelievable waste of money!

I have to go wake up N to feed her before we bring her to daycare. I heard rustlings earlier, but I am getting better at knowing when she is really ready to get up as opposed to just having a dream or something. According to the monitor, she seems to be ready for the day now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ready for the day at 2:31???? I'm hoping that your timestamp is just messed up!

    ReplyDelete