Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleepless in Boston

So I am awake now because I had to set my alarm to check on a process that is running for a project that is going live today at work...or should I say "it has officially gone live", because everything has been done and is available for public use. :)

Check that one off the list.

But I can't sleep now.

I went in to check MG's blog to see how she did at weigh in and now I am compelled to write something of my own. So today MG emailed me so we could discuss the weekend and she mentioned that she and 2 friends entered into a cash incentive weight loss contest. Basically, a "Biggest Loser" thing, but with much smaller stakes. I'm glad she jumped on board and is interested in this - it is a good thing, and I am going to do it too so I can support her. Also, my pants are starting to get a bit tight since I've been not going to Zumba for a couple weeks and eating too much. I'm trying to make time to get to the gym, but it really hasn't been a priority these last few weeks because of family & work. You know.

So I think part of this experience is that we're going to share information with one another about tips and tricks to get through it all, and support one another.

I also plan to blog about what I have eaten each day because when you see it in writing, it becomes more real and you do become more conscious about what you are doing. So here goes:

Monday, November 15

Breakfast:
Blueberry Nutrigrain waffle with almond butter
1 medium coffee, milk, no sugar
1 large iced coffee, milk, no sugar
(yes, this was a lot of coffee this morning but I had a meeting today that I needed it for...haha)

Lunch:
Chicken & butternut squash risotto that I brought from home
Banana
Diet Coke

So far so good, right?

But then...
It was D's bday at work and I went out to buy a cake. What I came back with was a Smores Brownie Tart from Whole Paycheck. It was divine, fudgy and super rich - to die for. I had a piece, very small, but...IT.WAS.DELICIOUS.

Dinner:
leftover 1/3 of eggplant panini from Bertucci's
chicken rice soup
water

I really didn't snack today - I was too busy running around. That's a good thing! I think all in all today was a good food day.

Anyway, I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week. It's so crazy how fast this year has gone by - it really does go by much faster when you have children!!! I have to make zucchini casserole for Thanksgiving at my inlaws' house, as well as pumpkin pie. And maybe, just maybe, a bottle of wine. :) Thank goodness I am working from home next Wednesday. Otherwise I'd be up all night making this stuff the night before.

Even more than Thanksgiving, I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner too. I've bought most of the gifts I wanted to buy - most importantly, my kids' gifts are purchased and need to be wrapped and hidden ASAP in the attic. This is the first year that N is excited for Christmas, and seems to understand what might be going on (since we're reading "Olivia Claus" and "Biscuit's Christmas Eve" lately)...I am trying to get her into it. Also, we're going to meet Santa this weekend and she's going to tell him what toys she would like to have. I think I might be a little excited too. (Understatement!)

I hear DH snoring in the other room. I think I will try to get some sleep now. I should-it's going to be a busy day at work today! Nighty night all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Gale! I think that you're going to be my biggest competition. Great job today! <3 you

    ReplyDelete