I haven't had time to post since we've been in the middle of the dreaded OE at work, but here are my food updates for Tuesday and Wednesday:
Tuesday, November 16:
Breakfast:
Blueberry Nutri-grain waffle with almond butter
large toasted almond iced coffee, milk only
Lunch:
*This was the healthy option today in the work cafe
Eggplant quesadilla with roasted red peppers and mozzarella
Diet Coke
Snack:
100 calorie pack cheddar chex mix
banana
Snack at home with N before bedtime
edamame
Dinner (was not till 9 pm)
broiled steak tips (5 small)
cheddar broccoli rice
boatload of broccoli
water
Dessert:
1 Whole foods dark chocolate covered marshmallow (YUM)
Wednesday, November 17
Breakfast:
medium hazelnut coffee, milk only
1/2 plain bagel, with 1 tsp peanut butter
Lunch:
*This was the healthy option today in the work cafe
spinach/herb stuffed portabella mushroom
brown rice
asparagus
Diet Coke
Snack:
100 calorie chex mix
string cheese
Dinner:
black beans & rice with monterey jack in a tortilla
water
Things to note here...
I continuously have water throughout the day, so even if I don't note it here, I'm usually good for at least 1-1.5 liters during the work day. As a result, I'm constantly in the bathroom...haha.
If I think I'm starting to get hungry I usually pop a piece of sugarless gum (Extra dessert delights gum is awesome - both the Mint Choc chip and Strawberry shortcake versions). I also keep healthy snacks in my desk, like the aforementioned 100-calorie chex mix, almonds, and fruit (dried or cups).
In looking over this list today I notice I should probably get some more fruit in my body. We have plenty of it, I just often forget to pack it in my lunch if it's not something easy to grab, like a banana.
I also haven't gone to the gym AT ALL...and I'm paying $50 per month for my family membership. We go on the weekends for sure, but during the week has been darn near impossible bc of crazy work schedules. I had hoped to go Tuesday night after work, but M fell asleep on the couch and I had to put everyone to bed. I'm going to try for getting to zumba tonight,
Must get ready for work now :) Have a great day all - and in the words of Russell from Hell's Kitchen, "Let's punch this b**** in the face and rock it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment