Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wow.

I'm currently, desperately, trying to wrap up final edits on wedding photos I took for a friend of ours a few weeks ago. The only thing is that I'm so picky I totally obsess over any flaw and can't make a decision as to whether certain photos are okay as is or if they need a little tweaking. Wish I could outsource that part of it to someone else - taking the pictures is great and fun, but *sigh* the editing part is not my favorite thing to do.

This weekend was insanely busy. Friday was a lot of running around. Went to work, then scooted out to get my hair cut and colored back to my natural brown. Previously, I had had it highlighted with caramel streaks, but now it has started to grow out. While I love my hairdresser, I just can't commit to spending $158 every 6-8 weeks for a cut & foil. Plus, it's very time consuming,

I managed to finish up at the haidressers and have enough time for a quick trip to the grocery store and then home to drop off the groceries & get dinner going before I had to get the kiddos at daycare. Once home, I served the kids dinner (which was tilapia, strawberries, and corn...note that I try to get in an entree, fruit and veggie every meal!) They devoured every bite! By the time I got everything cleaned up and hubby was home, it was time to run off to my manicure appointment that I really wanted to squeeze in - my nails were in atrocious shape. Following that, I was able to stop on the way home and get invitations for Little Man's upcoming birthday party.

Needless to say, by the time I got home I was wiped out. Got home, passed out on the couch waiting for hubby to finish up on the computer and that was my exciting night.

Saturday was a fun day. We took the kids to lunch at Olive Garden, and then explored Patriot Place. There's a really cool store there; Bass Pro Shops. It sounds like the kind of place I usually wouldn't shop - for example, it sells guns and fishing rods - two things I would never use. Ths kids really liked seeing the enormous fish tank, turtles, and various faux animals scattered throughout the store. That exhausted them for the day and then we all went home for a carb-induced nap. Later, our babysitter came and I went out with hubby for a nice relaxing dinner, sans kids, at the Melting Pot. It was delish...and I indulged in some great wines. (I tried a sampling flight because I wasn't sure which one I wanted to get and didn't want to commit to a whole bottle of something without trying it first).

Today I think that hubby was a little miffed with me because I was out almost all day. I went to take some photos of my former coworker's children, but it was hot and they weren't really interested in sitting still for me. I completely understand...it was way too hot. Got home at lunchtime, made everyone lunch, and we all ate and played afterward. By 2:30 it was time for me to leave to meet the girls at the movies for our pre-arranged girls day out. We saw "Grown-Ups" - I always love Adam Sandler movies, they just crack me up. Usually, they are so outrageously silly that you just have to laugh! Following that, we went to P.F. Changs for dinner and had a great meal. And last but certainly not least...my very generous and thoughtful friends gave me lots of fabulous gifts (including free veggies and herbs courtesy of MG!!).

So, that, my friends, is my weekend in a nutshell. I will say, that I am totally all done with eating out for a good long while. I believe that I ate just about every meal out this weekend, with the exception of Friday night dinner.

It is getting late and I need my rest - it's going to be a very busy week this week both at work and at home! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment