Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I knew it was coming...but...

So I bought a new car - my first new car, EVER - this past spring, 2 weeks before N was born. I love this car so much - it's like a second baby. (Well, not really, but I take good care of it!!)

This morning I got out of my car at work and noticed a deep, ugly scratch in the door that was about 1 inch long. Not something you can just rub out. I'm not quite sure how this happened, but I'm sad today. Of course, I'm going to have to get it fixed - I can't leave it like that. It's just hideous.

In other news, my sister is having surgery today, so I'm going to leave work early to go make sure she's all right and/or bring her food if she can eat it by the time I get there. She is having part or maybe all of her thyroid removed, so she will have to stay overnight for observation. I have to pick up N at the daycare and then head up north to the hospital she's at. It will be a day of driving around the world, but that's okay - I just hope I don't run into traffic. I'm trying to plan my visit so that I feed N her last bottle of the night before I get on the road to drive home, which means that, in a perfect world, she will fall asleep for the night.

I'll post an update later when I get home!

1 comment:

  1. that last feeding is so important, isn't it?

    good luck to your sister!

    ReplyDelete