
Last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch where I had a lot of fun taking pics with N, our neighbor's daughter, and my friend's nephew. I never would have guessed how crowded it would be, but we totally came at the right time. It was great and we got some great shots of the kids.
I do think N had quite the busy weekend, because on my day off from work, Monday, I took her to have her 6-mo pics taken and we are waiting to see them. I got a little preview and they were super cute, of course! She was so wiped out Monday night she went to bed right away without any fuss.
The past week has been a flurry of activity! Work has been so busy, and it will continue to be busy until probably Thanksgiving. Open Enrollment is all consuming, and I'm managing the whole shebang, so I feel particularly anxious to make sure everything goes well. Not that I haven't done this before, but I'm at a new job so the pressure's on.
I did take Friday as a vacation day which was awesome. M and I went to Mohegan Sun for the day to check it out. He did well with poker, but I didn't fare as well with the slot machines, so I decided to window shop for a while. I saw a gorgeous Coach bag that I wanted to buy, but the only thing preventing me from buying it (well, 2 things actually...) was 1) that I left the $50 off coupon I received to use at Coach, at home and 2) that my credit card was at home in the pocket of the pants I had worn yesterday when I stopped to get gas. Now, I do have another credit card in my wallet, but it's for emergencies only and I hold myself to that rule. I don't think M would agree that a plum Coach bag qualified as an emergency. In fact, it would be an extremely long ride home if I had to try to explain that one. No matter; I'll think about it and maybe buy it as a treat after Open Enrollment is successfully completed.
Today we went to lunch with my friend A, and I met her fiancee J for the first time. He was super nice and I was very excited to meet him. He clearly is very much in love with her and that makes me so happy. I think they are trying to plan a wedding fairly soon, I just hope it's not while I am away in California so I can be there!!! But I guess it all depends on what dates are available.
Tomorrow will be a lot of fun too. I am meeting up with MG and the other bridesmaids in JS's wedding, so we can try on bridesmaid dresses for the wedding in July. I can't wait-this is going to be fabulous. I like the color of the dresses she has in mind, and the styles she's been looking at are adorable. I don't know if a decision will be made tomorrow, but we'll all have fun. I think we're going to try and do a late lunch afterward which I hope happens because I really haven't seen JS in a while-schedules haven't worked out at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment