Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seriously?

These past two weeks have truly been hellish. In case you care, here's a recap of what has been going on with me since the week before Memorial Day.

It started when I realized I was struggling like you wouldn't believe to juggle work, family, and school work. I thought to myself, something needs to give here, and obviously I need to take care of my family, and need to work, cause I like food. That left school work. So I took Friday, the 27th off, to try to deal with the school thing, as well as deal with all the other 1898796756 errands and tasks I have been neglecting. Once I got the kids off to school I came back with my huge DD iced coffee and called the school's registrar's office. I talked to a very nice young man there who assured me I would not be penalized financially for dropping the class by a certain deadline. Great, I thought. Now I just need to speak with my professor. So I emailed him and explained the situation. He assured me he would work with me on whatever decision I made. I thought about it most of the day and decided toward the end of the day that I would drop the class. I was so relieved after I did that and I had such a nice relaxing weekend.

Forward to Tuesday, and I decided to log into my account to be sure that everything was in order on my bursar's account. It wasn't. I called the school and they explained to me I dropped after the deadline. I told them I was told that I had until that day to drop, but apparently the type of class I was in did not allow a drop. After much back and forth with the academic advisor, professor, etc, I was finally reinstated. Now I am more stressed out than ever trying to catch up on my papers and everything but I will get it done because I know I can, and because I need to make sure I am reimbursed for the tuition...I have to. I am just so glad my professor was understanding and able to help me. Honestly, the timing of me taking this class was BAD.

I've been working on readings and writings for class since A went to bed. Thankfully I do not have to go to work tomorrow so me being up this late is okay. My most strenuous activity tomorrow besides going to the library for a little research for my project, is going to be getting a mani/pedi with the best nail therapist ever...my sister. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment